Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Never clipping baby fingernails again...

Selah is really bad about scratching her face, eyeballs, etc. with her very sharp baby fingernails. It is impossible to keep mittens on her since she is Houdini and can get out of anything (especially socks and mittens). So, last night I decided to cut her fingernails that grow at ridiculously rapid rates and ... I cut my poor baby's finger. She did that aweful gasp and then cry (like she does when she gets a vaccine) and I felt like the worst mom in the world. Then her poor little finger was bleeding (just a little, but still). I was so distraught and Craig was trying to tell me that it was ok and stuff but hello! I just damaged my kid. Anyway, I really don't think I am going to be able to cut her nails again. Maybe one day she can be in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest fingernails ever and can credit her mother who cut her finger when she was 3 weeks old...

No comments:

Post a Comment